To achieve this outcome, Chesapeake Bay Program partners have committed to:
- Compiling and assessing current efforts and lessons learned from past and ongoing climate adaptation planning and programmatic efforts within the watershed;
- Preparing a state-of-the-science synthesis of climate impacts, vulnerabilities and adaptation information;
- Reviewing and revising conservation, restoration and protection goals and objectives to accommodate anticipated climate-related impacts;
- Engaging stakeholders in establishing climate adaptation priorities;
- Increasing the institutional capacity of the Chesapeake Bay Program to prepare for and respond to climate change; and
- Tracking the effectiveness of and ecological response to climate adaptation actions.
Monitoring and assessing progress toward the outcome will occur through a suite of indicators that will be selected by our partners and stakeholders.
As part of the Chesapeake Bay Program’s partnership-wide implementation of adaptive management, progress toward this outcome will be reviewed and discussed by the Management Board in August of 2018.